Sex is a necessity in every individual’s life. But they forget that having safe sex is very necessary for health. Some diseases need immediate attention. For example, many people are unaware that their carelessness is the cause of STDs. People need to know about such dangerous conditions and how to avoid them.
Here are seven tips that can be followed to avoid Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) –
1. Selective abstinence: when people limit themselves to avoid getting infected by sexually transmitted diseases but involve in sexual activities. Selective abstinence decreases the risk of STDs, as some sexual activities have higher chances of spreading STDs.
2. Using Condoms: Condoms are not 100% effective but lower the risk of STDs to a greater extent. Therefore, doctors highly advise using condoms. Moreover, if you use lubricants, please remember that they are water-based.
3. Mutual monogamy: If both partners do not have sex with any third person, then this reduces the chances of getting infected with STDs to a great extent. Such practices help in avoiding Sexually Transmitted Diseases as the partners are only involved with each other.
4. Tests: Getting tested prevents STDs from transmitting to others. If detected with an STD, the person can stop having sex until appropriately cured.
5. Avoiding drugs and alcohol: Indulging in sexual activities while drunk may increase the risk of getting infected with an STD as they are not in proper senses and may forget to use condoms or practice safe sex.
6. Healthy habits: Healthy habits like avoiding the use of the same towel, washing the undergarments properly before and after intercourse, and, most important, getting vaccinated against hepatitis B.
7. Low and high-risk activities: There are specific activities with a lower risk of infecting, like kissing and hand-to-genital contact. But, activities like vaginal intercourse, oral sex, and genital-to-genital contact have a greater chance of transmitting infections.