Yoga drastically improves sexual life. Various asanas in Yoga help improve sexual performance and helps to manage premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. Yoga helps in improving blood circulation and increases hormonal secretion.
YOGA BENEFITS IN SEXUAL HEALTH
To most people, it seems that easy and complex Yoga asanas may not improve the sexual life of either males or females. But that’s not the case. Yoga is a powerful technique to bring back vitality in the human body by comprehensively altering the functioning of organs, whether heart, liver, kidneys, lungs, or musculoskeletal system. Sexual health is not exempted from this revitalizing process. It is important to mention that to improve sexual health with yoga. You do not have to perform complex yoga asanas; just a few simple ways are significantly helpful in attaining healthy sexual life. Now the question arises, how do these simple yoga asanas have so much impact on sexual health? Well, for that, we need to discuss the prime benefits of yoga on sexual health:
Relaxes body and mind: One of the most notable benefits of yoga is that it relaxes the body and mind. It improves the psychological characteristics of a person. It helps improve stress, anxiety, and depression by increasing the blood flow in the brain and reducing certain chemicals, such as cortisol.
Helps reduce premature ejaculation: Certain specific asanas of Yoga significantly impact managing premature ejaculation. Different asanas perform this function by imparting different effects. Some improve the digestive system, while others increase energy by accelerating metabolism. Some of the asanas help increase sperm potency.
Helpful in increasing libido: Yoga may help increase libido and sexual orgasm. It helps in maintaining overall sexual health. Yoga does this by improving blood circulation in oxygen levels where it matters most, i.e., in the abdominal and pelvic regions. Further, yoga helps increase focus and concentration, which helps improve confidence while making physical relations.
Alleviates pelvic pain: Pelvic pain is one of the common hurdles in maintaining physical relations with the partner. By alleviating the pain in the pelvic region, yoga helps to improve sexual function and overall quality of life.
Increases sexual satisfaction: Yoga has such a power that apart from ordinary people, it also helps improve sexual satisfaction in people suffering from severe diseases like multiple sclerosis. A study on Iranian women revealed that Yoga techniques help improve physical activities and sexual satisfaction.
Unbiased improvement in men and women: Yoga does not differentiate between men and women. Both men and women are benefitted in improving sexual activity through yoga. The types of asana may be different for men and women.
Improves cardiovascular health: Cardiovascular health proves to be vital when it comes to sexual activity. Proper blood flow is required to achieve and maintain erection and increase the energy level in the pelvic and abdominal regions. Yoga helps improve blood circulation and increases oxygen and nutrition.
Improves flexibility: Yoga helps improve flexibility and strength and helps tone your body. It would make you feel good about your body and develop more confidence while sexually active.
Increases pelvic strength: Yoga also helps increase pelvic muscles’ strength, which is critical to achieving sexual pleasure.
WAYS TO DO YOGA TO IMPROVE SEXUAL HEALTH
Various Yoga asanas are mentioned in the art for improving sexual health. Following are some of the exercises:
1) Kumbhkasana: This asana is known for managing erectile dysfunction and helps to improve sexual stamina. It provided strength to the upper part of the body. Lie with your stomach side towards a flat floor. Then keep both your hands on the side with the palm downwards. Lift the body upwards with force applied to your palm. Keep your body in the same position as long as you are comfortable. This is like a push-up exercise wherein only a single push-up is required, and the body stays in a similar position.
2) Uttanapadasna: In this asana, the legs are raised, thus known as raised leg pose. This yoga asana is a very effective way to improve blood circulation in the pelvic region. it helps to increase sexual activity for a longer period. It also helps increase the overall strength of the body. Lie down flat on your back. Keep your hand on either side of the body with palms pointing towards the floor. Lift your legs to 45 to 60-degree angle while inhaling. Stay in the same position for at least 20 seconds and gradually relax your body while exhaling. Repeat this asana at least 3-4 times.
3) Bhujangasana: Bhujangasana is also known as the cobra pose. It increases performance during sexual activity and manages premature ejaculation. Lie on the floor with your stomach. Place your palms on the floor. Now exhale and lift your body in a sequential manner, i.e., head, chest, back, and pelvis. Make sure that your hands are straight. Relax your body with consecutive inhalation and exhalation.
4) Dhanurasana: Dhanurasana helps in improving various sexual problems such as erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation and helps in having a stronger orgasm. It activates and strengthens the reproductive organs. Lie down with your stomach touching the floor. Keep your palm on either side of the body. Maintain a gap of hip width between the legs. Now fold your knees and hold your ankles while exhaling. Inhale while lifting your chest and legs, and maintain this pose for 15-20 seconds. Relax your body while exhaling.
5) Naukasana: Naukasana is also known as boat pose. It helps release sex hormones. It helps to strengthen the buttock and thigh muscles and helps increase performance during sexual activity. Lie down on the floor on your back. Inhale and lift the chest as well as your feet as you exhale. Try to maintain this position for 10-20 seconds. Exhale and bring the body back into a comfortable position.