Male Infertility :
An estimated 5-10 percent of couples are classified as infertile, which means that they have been trying to get pregnant with frequent, unprotected intercourse for at least a year with no success. In about half the cases, male infertility is a factor.
Causes of male infertility as per best sexologist in India
This includes :
- Abnormal sperm production or function And/or impaired delivery of sperm.
- Excessive smoking,
- Alcohol intake (6 Alcohol Facts You Never Knew)
- Degrading environment,
- High pollution levels,
- Changes in food habits,
- Deskbound work, stress etc.
- Exposure to certain environmental factors like exposure to radiation are some key factors that affect male fertility negatively.
Ayurveda realized the problem of male sexual dysfunction thousands of years ago and developed a separate specialty, namely, Vajikarana-chikitsa (Aphrodisiac therapy). It has also recommended an appropriate use of plant-based remedies, a proper lifestyle and nutritious diet for improving overall health and treating male infertility.
General health and lifestyle of a man may affect his fertility, although Modern science has made commendable advancements in identifying the causes but is still unable to put forth the treatment for the problem. Some common causes of Male infertility related to health and lifestyle include :
- Alcohol and drugs : For example, Anabolic steroids, cocaine, marijuana etc.
- Emotional stress : Stress may interfere with certain hormones needed to produce sperm.
- Life style generated disorders Like : Obesity, Diabetes etc. may cause hormone and other metabolic changes which reduce male fertility.
- Electromagnetic radiation : Such like laptop, computers, cell phone, x-rays etc.
- Malnutrition Deficiencies in nutrients such as : vitamin c, selenium, zinc and folate may contribute to infertility.
- Tobacco smoking
- Environmental exposure: (A) Indoor Pollutants – Pesticides and other chemicals (B) Outdoor Pollutants – Pollution due to vehicles, factories etc.
Ayurvedic causes for Male infertility : Ayurveda explains following causes for male infertility :
Congenital abnormalities (Bija upa tapa) :
Defects in the gamete, leading to development and structural anomalies of reproductive system. Chromosomal disorders, various developmental disorders can be considered in this group.
Diseases of sperm (Shukra dosha) :
Some Causes of seminal morbidity are :
- Food factors like habitual and excessive use of dry, bitter, astringent, salty, acidic and hot food.
- Foods which are at variance with place, time, power of digestion, quantity, habit, doshas and mode of preparation.
- Behavioral factors like Excessive sexual indulgence, untimely sexual congress, sexual abuse, absolute sexual abstinence, bodily exertion in excess, suppression of natural urges and sexual congress with an unresponsive woman.
- Also behavioral habits like sleeping very late at night, hectic lifestyle leads to disparity of Rakta and Pitta Dosha, ultimately causing Shukra kshaya i.e. deficit in Shukra Dhatu qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Psychological factors like Grief, anxiety, fear, anger and lack of mutual love and confidence.
- Sleeping very late at night, hectic lifestyle leads to disparity of Rakta and Pitta Dosha, ultimately causing Shukra kshaya i.e. deficit in Shukra Dhatu qualitatively and quantitatively.
Loss of libido (Klaibya) :
- Psychic dietary,
- exhaustion of sukra,
- old age,
- mental worries,
- debilitating diseases (like T.B, Diabetes mellitus),
- over strain,
- excessive indulgence in sex etc
are considered as contributory factors of quantitative and qualitative dimination of sukra.
Ayurvedic concept about prevention of male infertility :
In the classics of Ayurveda the following charya’s (conducts) have been mentioned with which a person will be able to be healthy and cure many of lifestyle disordered such like infertility
- Rathri Charya
- Thrayopasthambha palana
- Achara rasayana
- Ashtanga yoga’s.
By addressing simple lifestyle factors and providing vajikarana remedies offered in the Ayurvedic texts, the Ayurvedic practitioners can help male patients optimize their fertility. As per the views of sexologist in delhi, there are a large number of factors that lead to impotency of males, but with the right precautions and Ayurvedic cures, this medical condition can be treated, positively. All you need is a balanced diet, proper lifestyle habits, and correct medical assistance. Correction the life style helps in controlling other metabolic disorders like Diabetes mellitus, obesity etc. and hence related impotency too.
Just in case if you are having difficulty in Fathering a child, chances are very high that you are suffering with Male Infertility. Consulting Dr. Kanu Rajput and Dr. Manu Rajput at Sidri International Skin Hair & Sexology Clinic can become a life changing experience for you. They are Internationally qualified Ayurvedic doctors who are known to effectively treat Male Infertility with Ayurvedic Medicines.
You can directly book your appointment here