What is HIV & Why Should I Know About it:
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes a disease called Acquired Immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). This disease weakens the immunity system of a person and increases the possibility of infections to attack the body. AIDS is a condition where the body’s immune system continuously goes on failing.
Initial symptoms of HIV :
- Joint pains
- Pain in the muscles
- Sweating in the night
- Sore throat
- Enlarged glands
Mid Stage Symptoms of HIV :
After sometime, the initial symptoms disappear. For many years there will be no symptoms seen. During this time the virus continues to damage the immune system and the organs. This slow process of immune depletion continues approximately for 10 years and the person experiences no symptoms during this period.
Last Stage Symptoms of HIV :
- Blurred vision
- Night sweats
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath
- Permanent weakness
- Weight loss
- Fever above 100 degree for weeks
How is this disease transmitted :
- Having sex – Having vaginal, oral, and anal sex with an infected person may cause this disease. When you have sex with an infected person, the blood, semen and vaginal secretions enter the other person’s body and thus, they too get infected with it.
- Sharing needles – Using one needle more then once for different people, may infect a person from HIV.
- During pregnancy/Delivery or breastfeeding – Pregnant lady who is HIV positive, can spread the virus to the child. Proper treatment and medication is necessary in such cases during pregnancy itself.
- Blood transfusions – In some cases, blood transfusion may transmit this disease.
There are few myths surrounding this disease :
35% of all men have erectile dysfunction sometimes in their lifetime.
70% sexual problem are physical in men from all ages.
Ayurvedic Treatment is successful with 95% patients.