The male Sexual desire or libido is always in Excess. Wrong — Three out of Ten men have a low sex drive.
Low sex desire, also referred to as low libido, is a sexual disease classified as a decreased or common interest in sexual activity. Interest in sex varies in both partners. They don’t need to have the same sexual desires all the time. Sexual desires even change from time to time. But low libido for a long time is a matter of concern.
Sometimes a man forcibly tries to obtain an erection through self-stimulation, aka self-touching or by watching porn and believes that there is no lack of Sexual desire. Whereas the truth is, it should come from within and not just by Forcing yourself to do it just for the sake of it.
The symptoms of Low Sexual Desire are:
- Lack of Morning Wood.
- You Don’t Get Aroused or Excited Like You Used to.
- Lack Of Feeling Of Masturbation or Sex, aka Intercourse.
- You Try To Avoid Your Partner By Giving Excuses Like You Are Tired or You Got Work To Do.
- You have Started To Lose Your Confidence.
- You Are Mostly Tired Or Sleepy.
Significant causes of Low sexual desires are :
- Low Testosterone: Testosterone is a male hormone which is responsible for the stimulation of sperm production. Low testosterone results in low sexual desires. It is considered low if the testosterone level falls below 300 to 350 nano-grams per deciliter. Mostly this hormone starts decreasing with age.
- Depression: If a man is going through depression, this may affect low sexual desires. Due to depression, a man is unable to develop sexual desires.
- Sleep Problems: Sleep is very for the human body to work correctly. Lack of sleep leads to low levels of testosterone. This can be a significant reason for Low sexual desire.
- Ageing: After age 60, men generally notice a decrease in their libido. It may take time for men above 60 to have orgasms, ejaculate and become aroused.
- Medications: Some medicines can decrease the level of testosterone, which results in low sexual desires or low libido. Medicine for blood pressure, like beta-blockers, and some anti-depressants like serotonin reuptake inhibitors(SSRI) become a cause for decreased sex drive.
When a man lacks interest in sex for a few months, he may have low sexual desires. Whatever may cause this disease leads a man to nothing but irritation, frustration and humiliation in society. Thus, treatment of it is required as soon as possible.
Treatment in such cases is essential. In such sensitive cases consulting a qualified Ayurvedic sexologist can be helpful. Ayurveda cures a person to a greater extent without any side effects.