INTRODUCTION TO PHIMOSIS AND CORRECT INFORMATION ABOUT IT WHICH MOST OF YOU ARE UNAWARE ABOUT:
Phimosis is a condition in which the foreskin does not retract (go back) from the glans penis either slightly or completely. The condition may lead to various problems like Penis infections, some men may experience problems while passing urine and even difficulty while performing sexual activity.
The Erection (Hardness in Penis) becomes painful due to tension in the foreskin. This may also cause loss of erection and because of which the patient sometimes wrongly perceive that he has Erectile Dysfunction.
TYPES OF PHIMOSIS
There are two types of phimosis:
- Physiological phimosis in which there is a delay in retraction
- Pathological phimosis which is caused due to disease.
In both types of Phimosis there is pain while pulling back foreskin.
SYMPTOMS OF PHIMOSIS
- Your Foreskin is too tight to pull back when penis is soft.
- Your foreskin becomes too tight whenever you achieve erection which causes pain and ultimately making the penis to lose hardness.
- Poor hygiene makes the condition more complex resulting in accumulation of smegma, Balanitis and balanoposthitis.
- Balanitis is the inflammation of the penis while inflammation of the glans penis and foreskin is known as balanoposthitis.
- Symptoms of Balanitis and Balanoposthitis include redness, swelling, and soreness. There is itching and odor in the private parts.
- In condition like pinhole phimosis patients may find it difficult to pass urine.
- Phimosis also interferes in the sexual activity.
- Intercourse by the patients suffering from phimosis may lead to pain and lack of sensation.
- You should consult if you experience pain when penis is erect or while having sex.
CAUSES OF PHIMOSIS
The skin of the foreskin does not retract due to the following mechanisms:
a) Too narrow foreskin: Normally found in children, this condition is due to the narrow foreskin. The tip of the distal end of the foreskin is too narrow that it cannot be passed over the glans to get retracted.
b) Fused foreskin: Generally, the glans penis and the foreskin are separate and as the child age, the skin gets retracted from the glans. In some conditions, the foreskin may not get retracted due to its fusion with glans.
c) Short frenulum: Foreskin is connected with the penis though frenulum. In cases where the frenulum gets abnormal, the patient may develop phimosis.
The above three mechanism for phimosis may occur due to the following factors:
1) Lichen sclerosus: The cause of this skin disease is unknown. The disease involves the penis and increases the risk of skin cancer. It is considered as one of the most common causes of phimosis.
2) Chronic inflammatory conditions: Chronic inflammatory conditions such as balanitis and balanoposthitis may result in phimosis.
3) Diabetes: Poorly managed diabetes or treatment with certain drugs in diabetes results in increased infection of the urinary tract. Prolonged infection may also lead to phimosis.
4) Catheterization: Phimosis may also develop when the person undergoes catheterization many times.
5) Forcible foreskin retraction: If the foreskin is tried to be forcibly retracted, it may lead to injury and inflammation leading to phimosis.
DIAGNOSIS AND EVALUATION OF PHIMOSIS
Diagnosis and evaluation of phimosis should be done carefully.
The diagnosis should preferably be conducted by an expert in the field of sexology who has sufficient experience to handle such cases.
Dr. Manu Rajput and Dr. Kanu Rajput of Sidri International Skin Hair and Sexology Clinic are experts in accurately diagnosing phimosis and its causes and gives phimosis treatment without surgery.
The diagnosis is done by reviewing the medical history of the patient.
The doctor may want to know about any previous infection of the penis or if the patient suffers from diabetes.
Sexual life of the patient is also discussed.
The diagnosis also includes the physical examination of the penis and the foreskin so that more accurate evaluation of condition could be done.
Phimosis may also be caused by infection thus the patient may be advised to undergo a urine test to check for the presence of bacteria and blood and urine test of the patient can be done to get patient tested for diabetes.
DO’S AND DON’TS IN PHIMOSIS
- Do consult with the sexology expert such as Dr. Manu Rajput and Dr. Kanu Rajput of Sidri International Skin Hair and Sexology Clinic.
- Do try to wash your penis under tap having mild water flow. This will help to keep the area clean and may prevent infections to a great extent.
- Do not try to retract the skin forcefully. If yo do so then it may cause Paraphimosis which is a Medical Emergency.
- If the skin gets damaged and there is inflammation, do not perform exercise till recovery.
- Steroid cream for phimosis can help you to some extent but they have severe side effects as well. They can cause Skin Thinning which will ultimately lead to easy bruising and tearing of the penis skin.
IS THERE ANY PHIMOSIS OR TIGHT SKIN BE WITHOUT SURGERY TREATMENT?
Absolutely Yes, we can cure phimosis without surgery.
Stretching exercise is one of the most effective methods for phimosis but it should be done under proper guidance otherwise if scarring happens then the condition may worsen further leading to severe complications.
Dr. Manu Rajput and Dr. Kanu Rajput of Sidri International Skin Hair and Sexology Clinic are highly experienced doctors for tight foreskin ayurvedic treatment without circumcision.
Patients from Delhi and other parts of India and abroad visit them to get their Phimosis cured without surgery and without facing the side effects caused due to steroid creams like betamethasone etc.
Dr. Manu Rajput and Dr. Kanu Rajput are experts in diagnosing the cause of the condition and accordingly treats the patients.
Prior appointment is advised to enjoy a hassle-free experience as a lot of patients visits their clinic to get treatment for various sexual disorders.
Patient should visit Sidri International situated at New Delhi before searching best phimosis treatment near me as the treatment provided by the doctors at Sidri International is worth going long distance because they are the best doctors to consult for phimosis in New Delhi.
You must log in to post a comment.