REDNESS, ITCHING AND PENIS PAIN TREATMENT
What Is Balanitis
Balanitis is a skin infection that causes irritation and redness on the pink head (glans) of the penis. It affects men and boys.
The foreskin (moveable skin that covers the head of the penis) is also often affected.
Balanitis is a common condition affecting both boys and men, although it happens more often in men who are uncircumcised.
Symptoms of balanitis may include :
- Redness on the glans penis
- Itching and Irritation in penis / glans penis / Pink Head
- Thick fluid build – up which is somewhat cheesy in nature
- Pain in Foreskin.
- Tightness in foreskin that won’t pull back. This is a condition called Phimosis.
- Cuts on the foreskin, esp when trying to pull back
- Swelling of your penis tip can put pressure on your urethra. This can cause painful urination.
- An unpleasant smell or odour
- A rash or ulcers (sores) can occur sometimes.