Doctor For Candidiasis in Delhi,
Best Fungal Infection Specialist in Delhi
Have You Ever Experienced any of these health issues ???
- Cravings for sweets
- Bad breath
- White coating on tongue
- Brain fog
- Hormonal imbalance
- Joint pain
- Loss of sex drive
- Chronic sinus and allergy issues
- Digestive problems (gas and bloating)
- Weakened immune system
- UTI – urinary tract infection etc
If yes, these are just some of the signs that you may have a fungal infection known as Candidiasis.
On this page, you will learn other signs and symptoms of Candidiasis.
There are many kinds of fungi that live in and on our body. One type of them is called as Candida.
Candida is a type of yeast that is present in our mouth, belly and even skin in small amounts without causing any problems.
But once it finds the right environment, it can grow out of control. The infection it causes is called as Candidiasis.
TYPES OF CANDIDIASIS :
(1) Oral Thrush / Oropharyngeal Candidiasis :
When the candida spreads in the mouth and throat it can cause an infection called Oral Thrush.
Oral Thrush is very common in newborn babies, elderly people and people who have Weak immune system.
Also, Adults who are most likely to get candidiasis are :
(a) Patients who are being treated for cancer
(b) Taking Corticosteroids
(c) Taking wide-spectrum antibiotics
(d) Wear dentures
(e) Have Diabetes
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF ORAL THRUSH :
- White and yellow patches on the tongue/lips/gums/roof of mouth/inner cheeks.
- Redness and soreness in the mouth and throat.
- Cracking Of mouth corners.
- If it spreads to the throat, then one may experience pain while swallowing.
(2) Genital Yeast Infection / Genital Candidiasis :
Generally, a Genital Yeast Infection can happen to both male and females. But it’s quite less common in males than females.
In females, a Genital Yeast Infection can occur when pH levels in the vagina changes.
CAUSES OF GENITAL YEAST INFECTION :
Genital Yeast Infection Can Be Caused in :
(c) Use of some medicines / lubricants / spermicides / weakened immune system.
(d) Sometimes, the infection can be passed from person to person during sex.
Signs And Symptoms Of Genital Yeast Infection :
- Genital itching.
- Burning Sensation In Genital Area
- Sometimes a white “cottage cheese-like” discharge from the vagina.