WHAT IS ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION?
Erection Problem or Erectile dysfunction is the condition in which a person interested in sexual activity cannot achieve and maintain an erection. The penis of the person is loose even after stimulation. As a result, it cannot penetrate the vagina of the female partner. Previously Erectile dysfunction was commonly found in the elderly. Still, due to significant lifestyle changes, hectic schedules and increased stress, the condition is also frequently seen in young people. It is a common condition, proved by the sales and popularity of various sexual medicine in allopathic and ayurvedic medicines for early discharge. It is a complex condition characterized by the presence of both physical as well as psychological problems. Premature ejaculation is widespread, but the patient does not visit the doctor due to embarrassment. To add to this misery, the patient shifts towards self-medication which worsens the condition.
HOW COMMON IS ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION CAUSING ERECTION PROBLEMS?
Older adults are at more risk of developing this condition. However, early discharge is also commonly seen in young people due to a sedentary lifestyle and emotional and physical stress.
Approximately 6-7% of people aged 20-30 suffer from this condition. ED increases to around 50-70 % in people aged 40-70. India is one of the countries with the most significant number of males. Due to a growing number of cases of erectile dysfunction, India is sometimes called the impotence capital. Although this is a common condition, taking proper treatment by the patients is rare. Quick discharge patients often rely upon self-medication either through a pharmacy or after reading articles on the internet which sometimes causes more problems in treatment.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION?
The following are the symptoms of erectile dysfunction:
1) Loose penis: The penis of the patient with erectile dysfunction is loose and small due to various reasons such as reduced blood flow, trauma or nerve problems.
2) Difficulty achieving erection: The patient who has erectile dysfunction is not able to achieve an erection, although the patient may have the desire to perform sexual activity.
3) Difficulty maintaining an erection: Although the patient, by any means such as increased stimulation, may be able to achieve an erection, due to the underlying condition, the patient is not able to maintain an erection to perform subsequent sexual activity.
4) Failure to penetrate the vagina: Erection in the penis is required to perform sexual activity. The severity of erectile dysfunction depends upon the ability of the penis to penetrate the vagina. The loose and non-erected penis cannot make its way inside the vagina.
5) Reduced sexual desire: The patient with persistent erectile dysfunction subsequently develops low libido and reduced sexual desire.
6) Low sexual satisfaction: The patient who has erectile dysfunction is not able to completely satisfy his female partner. Low sexual pleasure may lead to bad relationships, extra-marital affairs, and embarrassment, and the patient may go into depression.
7) Infertility: Infertility is also a symptom of erectile dysfunction. For pregnancy, sperm should be introduced into the vagina to fertilize with eggs. Unfortunately, patients who have erectile dysfunction are unable to penetrate the vagina and thus may suffer from male infertility.
HOW ED AFFECTS LIFE?
A patient who has erectile dysfunction has a complicated life due to the following reasons:
1) Emotional stress: Erectile dysfunction causes significant stress and depression. The patient may also develop performance anxiety while performing sexual activity.
2) Embarrassment or lack of confidence: A patient with erectile dysfunction also causes low esteem, shatters self-confidence, and embarrasses the public.
3) Sour relationships: The relationship between the partners becomes sour due to erectile dysfunction. Bad relationships may occur due to irritation when the male partner cannot perform in bed.
4) Infertility: Erectile dysfunction may also lead to infertility. Sometimes patients having ED also have poor sperm count, especially those with hormonal imbalance.
5) Havoc in Personal and Professional life: When a couple has an unsatisfactory sexual life, it also hampers both partners’ personal and professional lives.
WHAT ARE THE MEDICATIONS THAT CAUSE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION?
Following are the allopathic medications which may cause erectile dysfunction as their side effects:
- Blood pressure-lowering drugs such as propranolol and nifedipine
- Antidepressants such as fluoxetine and amitriptyline
- An antihistamine such as diphenhydramine
- Anticancer drugs such as cyclophosphamide
- Anti-Parkinson’s drugs such as bromocriptine and levodopa
- NSAID such as naproxen
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION?
The cause of erectile dysfunction is both physical and psychological.
- Atherosclerosis or hardening of arteries
- High blood pressure and cholesterol
- Excessive intake of alcohol
- Nerve problems
- Trauma or injury to the penis
- Peyronie’s disease — scar tissue growth in the penis
- Surgeries involving the pelvic region
- Chronic renal failure
- Disliking women
- Performance anxiety
- Mental trauma
- Sour relationships
DOES ED CURE OF ITS OWN?
Erectile dysfunction is a condition caused due to a lot of reasons. Some reasons are acute, while some are chronic. In addition, sometimes poorly managed underlying diseases such as diabetes, cholesterol, or hypertension can cause ED. Thus, if the cause is temporary, erectile dysfunction is cured once the reason ceases to exist.
HOW DOES AYURVEDA TREAT ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION?
Ayurveda looks at erectile dysfunction as the absence of vitality caused due to both physical as well as psychological factors. Ayurveda applies a holistic treatment approach, including herbal medications and a few guidelines to follow. If you have multiple failed experiences, then you should not try to treat erectile dysfunction of your own. Even with ayurvedic medications, it may further worsen the condition.
But here’s a list of how to cure ED if it just started :
If you have Porn Induced Erectile Dysfunction, then stop watching Porn immediately.
Talk to your partner and ask them to give an honest opinion. Sometimes it’s your imagination or illusion after comparing yourself to a porn star or your friend who exaggerated his manliness.
A gap between two subsequent intercourse when you feel sexually aroused again (the refractory period).
Exercise and yoga
A healthy diet which is rich in green vegetables.
Dry fruits like Almond, Walnuts
ED treatment by Dr. Manu Rajput and Dr. Kanu Rajput – Why choose us:
- Genuine advice is based on your medical condition, not your socio-economic background.
- Mainly two types of treatment options:
- Prescription-based medicines – If your medical condition is mild to moderate or if you have budget constraints.
- Customized medicines – If your medical condition is moderate to severe or your body did not respond well to your previous treatments. Please note that in such a scenario, we highly recommend you start with the level 2 consultation process. You can read about our modus operandi on our FAQs page. Beginning with the level 2 consultation process is only a suggestion from our side. It will prevent your precious time and finances from getting wasted on something which may / may not work on your body.
We hope the information provided on this page will be helpful for you. Thank you.